Address: Bawdsey Manor, Bawdsey Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 3AZ, United Kingdom
- Age range: 11–18
- Number of pupils: 65-110
- Number of boarders: 65-110
- Teach/pupil ratio: 1:8
Learning to Learn
At Alexanders College we believe that learning extends well beyond the classroom. The extensive programme of co-curricular options is designed to promote compassion, independence and personal growth through schemes such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, the Prefect Team and Student Mentoring. The stunning coastal location provides ample opportunities for pupils both on land and at sea, where they can learn to sail, kayak or canoe at our Watersports Centre. Pupils build their self-confidence and presentation skills through the Performing Arts, their sportsmanship and character on the fields and in the all-weather sports dome, and their cultural awareness through frequent trips to neighbouring towns and cities including Cambridge and Norwich.
Our on-site boarding houses promote a true sense of community, with Sixth Form pupils taking residence in the historic Manor House. Senior pupils will share a room with one other pupil in the first year and have single study accommodation in their second year of A level study. The junior houses are both welcoming and comfortable and provide pupils with a home-from-home environment and exceptional pastoral care.
“We are a small community which in my opinion is more like a big family. Everyone is made welcome here. It’s a great place to learn, we have a lot of support from teachers and staff, and a lot of fun too!”
Accreditations & Rankings
We are a member of both the Independent Schools Association and the prestigious Boarding Schools Association. We are accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English as an Additional Language, and are registered as a Cambridge International School and as an exams centre.
Tuition & Fees
- Registration fee: £200
- Academic term (Forms 1-3): £8,950 (boarding) £3500 (day)
- Academic term (Forms 4-7): £9,250 (boarding) £3750 (day)
- NB Day fee includes minibus transfer from Woodbridge or Melton stations and lunch
- Occasional overnight boarding fee £50 per night
- Student expenses: £1,750 (boarding only)
- One-way Transfer London Airports: £195
- One-way Transfer Stansted Airport: £140
- Grouped One-way Transfer*: £60
- Fee for issuing a CAS (for overseas boarders only): £35
* For flights arriving at and departing from Heathrow between 10.00-18.00 on the official Term and Half Term arrival and departure dates.
Taster courses and holiday stays at school also available pro rata.
Recruitment in partnership with Bright World.