California State University, Fresno
Address: 5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA 56, Fresno, CA 93740, USA
- California State University, Fresno was founded as Fresno State Normal School in 1911, became a teacher’s college in 1921, and has offered advanced degrees since 1949. The university’s popular nickname is “Fresno State.” Our mascot is the Bulldog.
- Fresno State is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University, one of the largest systems of higher education in the world.
- The university is accredited by the California Board of Education and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. It has 26 nationally accredited departmental programs, among the highest number within the CSU system.
- The university enrolled more than 20,000 students, and approximately 4,900 students completed work for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees by Commencement 2013. (Information provided by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.)
- For the most up-to-date news about Fresno State, go to www.FresnoStateNews.com.
Rankings & Accreditation
- Money Magazine ranked Fresno State 162nd in the country out of the nearly 1500 schools it evaluated for its 2014 Best Colleges ranking.
- The Daily Beast ranked Fresno State 143rd in the country out of the nearly 2000 schools it evaluated for its 2013 Best Colleges ranking.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Fresno State 8th in public regional universities in the West, and 36th in all regional universities, both public and private, in the West.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Fresno State’s graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling 13th in the entire nation.
- Washington Monthly magazine ranked Fresno State 10th “America’s Top 50 Master’s Universities” in 2012. In 2013, Washington Monthly Magazine ranked Fresno State 15th in the nation in the “Master’s Universities Rankings” with an overall score of 85 out of 100.
- In Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Best Colleges List for 2013,” Fresno State is ranked #366 out of 650 universities nationwide.
- The Princeton Review ranks Fresno State’s Sid Craig School of Business MBA Program #45 in the nation. The GMAT score for students in this program averages in the top 30 percentile nationwide.
- In 2014, PayScale.com ranks Fresno State 134th out of 419 public universities for Return on Investment, and 91st out of 434 for Mid-Career Salary Rank.
- In 2014, PayScale.com states a degree from Fresno State gives a 7.4% annual Return on Investment. In 2013, PayScale.com ranked Fresno State #335 out of 1,511 universities in its Overall College Return on Investment Rankings.
- Total: 23,060
- International: 644
- Vietnamese: 6
- Undergraduate: TOEFL iBT 61 or IELTS 6.0
- Graduate: TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 6.5
- ESL: Yes (American English Institute (AEI))
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & Fees: $8,928
- Living Expenses: $10,000
- Others (Health Insurance, Textbooks & Registration Fees): $8,281
- Total Cost (on I-20): $27,209
- Fees stated above are for undergraduate programs.
Scholarship & Financial Aid