Address: 110 Darrow Rd, New Lebanon, NY 12.125, USA
From our early days, Darrow School has drawn students from around the world who want a traditional boarding school with remarkable diversity, a warm and welcoming community – and a contemporary approach to education.
Our student body today reflects an approach in which education works best when multiple viewpoints and perspectives are included. Every Darrow student, from America to China, Africa, Europe, and beyond, benefits from the intellectual and cultural points of view exemplified by our students. Approximately 25% of Darrow’s student body is made up of international students
We offer a comprehensive, dynamic and supportive program for English language learners that includes both classroom experience as well as individual mentorship with faculty.
Depending on a student’s level of English proficiency, different options are available, but all ESOL students are actively involved in their classrooms, regardless of their ability with the English language.
- Application Form
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- International Applicant Supplement.
- Student Essay
- Parent Essay
- Current School Transcript
- TOEFL, TOEFL Jr, or SSAT Scores (for all students whose primary language is not English)
- Campus Visit (for students who live within 300 miles of campus)
- An Interview
- Application Fee of $75
Tuition & Fees
2016 - 2017 SCHEDULE of FEES
- Boarding Tuition $2,000 - $56,100
- Day Tuition $2,000 - $32,300
English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) $4,250
Academic Mentorship Program, 1:1 Student-to-Teacher Ratio
- 2 sessions per week $4,250
- 4 sessions per week $8,500