Florida Institute of Technology
Address: 150 W University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901, USA
- Florida Institute of Technology is unique among Florida colleges and universities in that it offers the resources of a national research institution combined with the robust, personalized learning experiences of a small college. As a result, Florida Tech students experience the rigor of strong academic programs, impactful relationships with expert faculty, and the excitement of a diverse and dynamic campus life.
- In official terms, Florida Tech is a regionally accredited, coeducational, independent, privately supported university. But it is so much more. As the only independent technological university in the Southeastern United States, it is also an international center for innovation, high-caliber research and world-class education. A truly global university, Florida Tech attracts undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 United States and more than 100 other countries worldwide.
- Popular programs include biological science, marine biology, aerospace and mechanical engineering, environmental science, physics and space science, civil engineering, aeronautical science and aviation, and computer science. The university also offers programs in meteorology, construction management, international business, biomedical engineering, premedical studies, prelaw, sports management, forensic psychology, systems engineering, human-centered design, biomathematics.
- Total Student: 6,631
Both undergraduate and graduate students whose home language is not English with scores below the following ranges may enroll in lower-level English training courses at the ELS Language Center on campus:
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & fees$40,446 (2016-17)
- Room and board$13,610 (2016-17)
At Florida Institute of Technology, 50% percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $24,871.