Florida International University
Address: Miami, Florida
Why choose FIU?
Diverse and high quality learning environment:
- Top 200 in National Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #105 in Best Public Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- International Business course ranked #2 (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- Bachelor of Marketing ranked #7 (Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013)
- Top 50 in best schools for Hospitality Management (CEOMagazine, 2018)
- #1 in the US by the number of graduates working in Hospitality (LinkedIn Poll, 2014)
- #8 in the best business schools by return on investment ratio (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- FIU was granted the highest degree of research by Carnegie Fund due to the advancement in teaching procedure. It has earned approximately $1 billion by research activities throughout last decade.
- 96% of lecturers were granted Doctor degree or the highest degree in their expertise.
FIU is ahead of its time:
- FIU is the organization to build and operate the only marine laboratory in the world – Aquarius Reef Base. It is obviously the extreme advantage for students who have passion in marine biology.
- FIU owns 4.6-metre-height Wall of Wind, which possibly create tornados whose speed may reach 70m/s. Thus, this can reflect level-five hurricanes according to Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, which can be the foundation for further studies.
- The museum Wolfsonia – FIU is ranked in top 25 Best museums in the USA (College Ranking).
Limitless chances for future career:
- Engineering students can participate in the International Internship Program, in which they can have experiences in working for large construction firms like Obrascon Huarte Lain, and also get a chance to join in an internship course in Madrid and other places in the world.
- Hospitality students are guaranteed to have at least 1000 hours in their wage-paying internship course in big hotel chains in the US such as Starwood, Hilton, Marriott,…
- South Beach Food and Wine Festival are held yearly by FIU, welcoming over 1,000 students to work with world’s top-class chefs, wine creators and reputative corporations.
Information about Miami:
- Miami is the city which has the warmest winter in the US with the average temperature reaches 20 degree Celcius in January.
- Miami is famous for the world’s most miraculous beaches, the tropical heaven covered by sunny weather throughout the year, a busy and prosperous port city which is called “the world’s capital city of yacht”.
- Due to plentiful natural conditions and benefit from geographical locations, Miami is not only the world-class services centre, but also the world’s second-most populous financial centre in the US, following after New York City.
- Miami is widely known as “Wall Street of the South” due to the high concentration of largest international banks in the US, and being headquartered by over 1,000 multinational corporations including those in Fortune 500 list such as Marriott Hotels, American Airlines, Hilton Group, Royal Caribbean International, Deloitte, KPMG.
- Miami was voted as the happiest city for working (Career Bliss, 2016), and ranked #2 in Best Places for Millennials (Realtor.com, 2016)
Costs and Scholarships:
- Tuition: $23,300 (Estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living expenses: From $10,000/year
- Scholarships: Up to $5,000 for the 1st year