Hawaii Preparatory Academy
Address: 65-1692 Kohala Mountain Rd, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
- Hawaii Preparatory Academy (HPA) offers an ideal learning environment, mirroring the geological, ecological, and human diversity of the globe. This place enables us to provide a unique set of transformational opportunities built upon a rigorous university preparatory program and our dynamic global student population.
- HPA was founded on March 12, 1949, when Episcopal Bishop Harry Kennedy and a group of Big Island citizens signed the Articles of Incorporation for Hawai'i Episcopal Academy. The school has grown from five boarding students in a World War II building in Waimea to about 600 students on two campuses encompassing more than 220 acres in the midst of the world-famous Parker Ranch.
- At HPA, we honor our students as individual learners within the context of a school community that cultivates wonder, nurtures passion, and inspires excellence. Ours is a skills-focused curriculum that ensures a solid foundation in these core competencies, while building ever increasing student ownership over one’s educational journey.
- Application forms & fee
- School records release form
- Recommendation forms
- Standardized testing: Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT), International Student English Proficiency Results –Students are encouraged to provide results from the TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., iTEP SLATE, or IELTS.
Tuition & Fees
2016-2017 DAY TUITION
- Grades K-5 $19,200
- Grades 6-8 $21,300
- Grades 9-12 & PG $24,800*
* Day tuition for grades 9-12 and PG includes extended day and lunch.
2016-2017 BOARDING TUITION
- International (grades 9-12) - $57,600