Louisiana State University
Address: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Why choose LSU?
- #153 in National Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #73 in Public Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #93 in Technical programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #90 in Business programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #1 in Landscape Architecture (Design Intelligence, 2018)
- #3 in Petroleum Engineering (U.S. News & World Report, 2020). LSU is the only US university owning oilfields inside its ground.
- LSU has a close-knit partnership with IBM in order to provide chances for Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Science students to take an internship course, and guarantee that they can find a job after finishing their bachelor degree.
- Engineering graduates typically earn an average wage ranging from $75,000 to $110,000.
- 89% Technical students find a job successfully or continue to learn a postgraduate course 6 months after finishing their bachelor degree.
- All Architecture students find a job successfully by the time they graduate.
- LSU graduates work for large enterprises such as Gerber, Nestle, Ralph Lauren, DreamWorks Animation, Nike and Shell.
Information about Baton Rouge:
- Baton Rouge is ranked in top 100 of cities in the US which have highest growth rate of jobs (Forbes, 2016)
- From Baton Rouge, it takes only 1 hour by driving to New Orleans – one of the most impressive cities in the world.
- Louisiana is known as “the heaven of sports enthusiasts” with enjoyable outdoor activities and magnificent wildlife.
Costs and Scholarships:
- Tuition: $28,800 - $29,700/year (Estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $12,600/year
- Scholarships: Up to $12,000 in the 1st year