North Central Texas Academy
Address: North Central Texas Academy 3846 N. Highway 144 Granbury, Texas 76048
- NCTA provides a strong academic curriculum that is based upon the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and the College Readiness Standards. All topics are explored from a Christian Worldview framework in addition to traditional secular viewpoints. Honors and Pre-AP coursework is offered in English, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics for students in grades 9-12. Advanced Placement coursework is offered in AP Calculus, AP English, AP Government, AP Microeconomics, and AP Statistics.
- North Central Texas Academy has a selective admission policy. Students are considered on the basis of academic performance, standardized testing, student and parent goals, and character references. Students must be able to meet grade level curriculum expectations to be considered for admission.
- Residential life on the 500-acre campus of North Central Texas Academy is always busy. Students live in boarding residences based on age and gender. The residences are set up much like a large family home. Each student has one roommate, and there are eight students and a houseparent couple in each residence.
Admissions to North Central Texas Academy accepts applications for the current year on a rolling basis as space permits. To receive priority consideration for the next school year, applications should be received by March 1. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis thereafter. Applications will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee until all relevant supporting documentation has been received, including school records, testing, and Teacher Recommendation Forms. A non-refundable fee must be submitted with each application.($95)
Tuition & Fees
- Boarding programs: $49,000 / year
Financial aid is awarded on a competitive basis and predicated upon financial need, family hardship, and student potential.
- Average sholarship is $20,000 / year
- 85% of students receive scholarships