Pacific Lutheran University
Address: 12180 Park Avenue S., Tacoma, WA 98447, USA
- PLU was founded by a group of Norwegian immigrants, the university is committed to support students from every possible background – all religions, all races, all socioeconomic groups, all sexual orientations – from all over the world.
- Being a private university, PLU is very generous with their scholarships and most international students being accepted at PLU will get a good scholarship from the school every year.
- PLU is located in Tacoma which is the third biggest city in Washington State; it takes only 45 minutes to drive to Seattle and only 30 minutes to drive to Olympia, the capital of Washington State. Being in the Northwest, many assume it snows a lot in Tacoma but it’s actually not too bad; Tacoma averages 4 inches of snow per year but the US average is 26 inches of snow per year!
- The stunningly beautiful campus, smaller class sizes and close-knit environment here is the perfect fit for anyone who seeks for supports and a home away from home.
- “Study Away” program allows students to go to another country outside of the US for a year, a semester or a short-term program to gain more knowledge and experiences from a different culture and settings.
Rankings & Accreditations:
- #23 Regional Universities, West (US News & World Report, 2019);
- #8 Best Value School in the West (US News & World Report, 2019);
- #11 Best Colleges for Your Money (College Factual);
- #15 Best Master’s University in the US (Washington Monthly);
- #31 Best Nursing School in the US (College Resource Network);
- #150 Best Graduate Nursing Programs (US News & World Report);
- Best 295 Business Schools (Princeton Review);
- Best Western Colleges (Princeton Review)
- Undergraduate: GPA 7,5 & TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 6.5
- Graduate: GPA 7,5 & GMAT/GRE & English will be major specific
- ESL: Yes
Fees Per Annum (US$):
- Tuition & Fees: Roughly $40,000
- Living Expenses: Roughly $11,000 - $12,000
- Others (Health Insurance): Roughly $1,000
- Total Cost (on I-20): Roughly $52,000 - $53,000
Scholarships & Financial Aid:
Availability: Yes, $10,000 to $20,000 per year