Address: Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
- Ranked top 2% in the world.
- One of the UK's largest universities, with history dating back to 1862. Later became a polytechnic and received university status in 1992.
- Campus just a short stroll from the buzzing city centre, with shops, restaurants and nightlife, the scenic seafront and historic Barbican. Rugged Dartmoor and some of the best beaches in the UK are within easy travelling distance.
- Plymouth University’s academic partnerships provide a network of colleges throughout the south west, offering degree opportunities for people in locations close to home across Devon, Cornwall and the Channel Islands.
- Nationally acclaimed for teaching excellence.
- Twenty national teaching fellows as awarded by the Higher Education Academy, one of the highest number in the sector.
- Fifteen subject areas ranked excellent or equivalent in independent assessments by the Quality Assurance Agency.
- Widely acknowledged as having one of the best research performances amongst the modern universities. Nearly two-thirds of Plymouth University’s research has been graded as world-leading or of international quality, according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- Over £150m recent and ongoing investment in new buildings, on-campus student accommodation and refurbished laboratories and library.
- The library is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week providing access to 500,000 books and multimedia resources, 22,000 journals and many international resources.
- Employability centre at the heart of the campus.
- Comprehensive IT network with 24-hour wireless access.
- Over 50 clubs and 120 societies, ranging from ultimate frisbee to the DJ society.
- Nightclub, bars, shop, coffee shop, sports centre and restaurant.
- Total students: 26,000
- International students: 2,700
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0 (all components 5.5 or above)
- Graducate courses: IELTS 6.5 (all components 5.5 or above)
Tuition & Fees
Tuition for most majors: £12,250 / year
Tuition for Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry - UG Medicine and UG Dentistry:
- Full time pre-clinical: £17,800
- Full time clinical: £33,000