The Calverton School
We offer a variety of courses in Music, Visual Arts and Theater. We also have our own black-box theater and students put on two dramatic productions each year.
We offer the following sports throughout the school year: Cross Country (Boys & Girls), Soccer (Boys & Girls), Basketball (Boys & Girls), Lacrosse (Boys& Girls), Field Hockey (Girls), Softball (Girls), Golf (Coed), Tennis (Coed), Volleyball (Girls), Cheerleading
We offer a variety of weekend activities locally and in the larger metropolitan areas, including excursions like shopping, trips to the cinema, bowling, other outdoor activities, trips to Baltimore and Washington D.C., museums, aquariums, etc. Students play a part in helping to decide what activities interest them!
Students will wear school uniforms (purchased by students during Orientation week).
Students live on campus in four brand new dormitories, monitored by our House Parents and Residential Life Director. Rooms are spacious and accommodate two or three students per room. Each dormitory includes common space and large lounges for student use.
Wi-fi is available throughout the campus and residential areas.
Small class size and student-teacher ratio provide students with a lot of faculty support!
Excellent college counselors assist our students in the college admissions process from 9th grade through graduation, resulting in top university acceptances!
Rankings & Accreditation
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
- Maryland State Department of Education
- Total: Approximately 355 students in Grades K through 12, of which approximately 150 are in Grades 9 through 12.
- International: approximately 40 students in Grades 9 through 12
- Vietnamese: 0-2 each year
- Boarding: Proof of English proficiency required, such as TOEFL, IELTS or TOEFL Jr. SSAT not required, but may also be offered.
- ESL: Yes, 2 levels of ESL courses are offered for intermediate level learners.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & Fees: $48,900 Tuition and Boarding
- Others (Health Insurance): $1,000 Orientation fee, $1,300 Medical Insurance, $150 Technology fee, and $35 Athletics fee
- Total Cost (on I-20): Total $51,385
- (Uniforms and Textbooks are not included and will be purchased by students during Orientation week)
Scholarships & Financial Aid