The University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
- #224 in Best Universities in the world (Center for World University Rankings, 2018-2019)
- #129 in National Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- Architecture and Design School is one of the ten best school in US, also ranked in top 17 schools in the world with regards to its expertise. (Azure Magazine, 2018)
- #62 in Undergraduate Business (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #80 in Undergraduate Engineering (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- Top 50 best medicine schools in the US (U.S. News & World Report, 2016)
- KU’s library is one of the 50 largest libraries in the US.
- KU received $240 million from the US government and large private companies yearly for the purpose of research, which assists KU in investing and developing its facilities inclusively served for education.
- Alongside 12 internationally-qualified research places and laboratories, KU also owns a biodiversity institute and a natural history museum within its campus, where 9 million of samples and archaeological evidences are being stored including dinosaur evidences.
- KU has developed partnerships with over 10,000 domestic and international enterprises, including Garmin, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Bayer, Cerner, Sprint, Amazon, Google and PwC.
- In such a circumstance of competitive international market, students may find it hard to find out a university which created a large number of places for internship courses and jobs which is even more than the number of students currently studying. Actually, 28,477 KU students have the chances to approach more than 40,000 jobs vacancies via its vocational center. Thus, it is not a surprise when KU is ranked #26 in the employment rate of fresh graduates (Times Higher Education, 2016). The successful rate was 90%, 6 months after graduation.
- Tuition: $30,727/year (estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $11,376/year
Up to $36,000/4 years ($9,000/year)