University of Dayton
Address: Dayton, Ohio
Why choose Dayton?
Leading quality of education and training in the US:
- #132 in National Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #11 in Entrepreneurship Undergraduate (The Princeton Review, 2018)
- Top 50 in top colleges that create futures (The Princeton Review)
- #58 in Best Value Schools (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- #54 in Engineering Undergraduate (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- 97% of students find success after graduation.
Leading research university in the US:
- $150 was externally raised for Dayton’s research investment fund in 2018. Dayton was ranked #1 in federal subsidy for research investment and resources development fund.
- A research centre worth $51 million was built in Dayton’s campus by GE Aviation. Students take the chances to work and learn directly with GE Aviation’s scientists.
- University of Dayton is a member of the Federal Aviation Administration Logistics Centre, alongwith MIT, Stanford, and 14 other leading universities in the US.
- A creative centre of climate technologies in Dayton’s campus, where lecturers and students of Dayton collaborate with leaders in this realm in order to give birth to the new technologies of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and fridge, was established by Emerson.
- At the Innovative Center of Dayton, more than 200 partners agree to exhibit and transfer real projects for Engineering lecturers and students.
Best universities for career initiation:
- Dayton was ranked #17 in the universities which provide the most internship opportunities for students (The Princeton Review, 2018). The special thing in Dayton’s vocational programs is the interest in introvert students, who often face difficulties in connecting to the outside world. Students are actively supported to choose a suitable learning construction to guarantee the learning quality.
- On the UD’s website about jobs seeking, there are over 7,000 jobs vacancies, including about 1,600 internship courses and co-op programs.
- Job fairgrounds for students attracted nearly 450 large corporations, including GE Aviation, General Electric, Honda, PepsiCo, JPMorgan Chase and Coca-Cola.
- 96% of students are employed or continue to take a postgraduate course 6 months after graduation
- Average initial salary level of graduates is $58,500
Information about Dayton:
- Dayton is the hometown of aviation
- Dayton was ranked in top 100 best places in the US (U.S. News & World Report)
- Dayton is also a famous creative technology and engineering centre, where is nearby the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Dayton is located in the heart of Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis & Detroit, thus visitors can take a short trip to these beautiful cities from Dayton.
- CBS News named Dayton as potential places for fresh-graduates. Dayton was also voted as one of the happiest places in the US to work.
- Forbes claimed that Dayton is one of the US cities which have the most reasonable costs. Trulia, a reputative real estate company, ranked Dayton #2 in most-reasonable-living-cost cities in the US.
- Dayton is also famous for its impressive and interesting culture and art life. Fifth Street at Oregon in Dayton is one of five most beautiful streets in the US.
Costs and Scholarships:
- Tuition: $44,100 (estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $14,200/year
- Scholarships: Up to $80,000/year