University of Hertfordshire
Address: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK AL10 9AB
Why Study Here?
- We pride ourselves as an enterprising and innovation-led, award-winning university.
- Our links to UK and international industry provide excellent opportunities for students to enhance their experience.
- A great location – you will be only 25 minutes by train to central London, and within easy reach of all four of the capital's international airports. You are guaranteed university accommodation in your first year on an attractive, safe campus that provides a real home from home.
- A modern campus – with the £15m Sports Village, the Forum our 1,500 capacity entertainment venue and brand new accommodation, Hutton Hub and Student Union, the university is a great place to live and study.
- 21st-century study facilities – you will have access to our award-winning Learning Resources Centres, which are widely regarded as the best among UK universities. Cutting-edge facilities within our academic schools include: the Law Court, one of the UK’s best-equipped astronomical observatories, a flight simulator, Formula 1 simulator, wind tunnels, environmental and anechoic chambers, a simulated intensive care unit, mock pharmacy, creative studios and digital workshops. You will also be connected to StudyNet, your online university available 24/7 on the web from any location.
- Employability – your degree studies will provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving you the best chance of career success. Over 95% per cent of students at the university are in work or further study six months after graduating.
- Teaching excellence – you will enjoy high-quality teaching, which is independently commended by the UK's Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Many of our degree courses are also accredited by professional bodies.
- Flexible study routes – to help you meet our entry requirements, we offer a range of tailored foundation and preparatory courses. These are designed to improve your English language, develop study skills, and build your subject knowledge, before you start your degree.
- Dedicated International Student Support Team – made up of experienced welfare advisers who can help and advise you on a variety of subjects, including immigration, work permits, and financial and personal matters. They also organise a social programme for international students, which includes trips to other parts of the UK and Europe.
The University of Hertfordshire has a student community of over 27,200, which includes more than 2,900 students from 120 different countries and we have a global network of over 25,000 alumni in over 180 countries.
Rankings & Accreditations
The University of Hertfordshire has been named in the top 20% of the world's most international universities in Times Higher Education world rankings 2016. We are also one of the top 100 universities in the world under 50 years old, according to the new Times Higher Education 100 under 50 rankings 2015.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE English language: grade C or above.
- IGCSE English at grade C or above.
- IELTS: between 6.0 and 7.0 depending on course.
- Pearsons (PTE) minimum score of 54 (no less than 51 in any band).
- Indian Standard XII English Language (65% undergraduate/70% postgraduate).
- IELTS 4.5 to 6 for Pre-Sessional English Course or English for academic studies.
Tuition & Fees
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Scholarships & Financial Aid
We offer a number of non-repayable scholarships to international students. These include:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships. International students may be eligible for a Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for 2016–17. The scholarship will be awarded for either £1,000 or £2,000 towards course fees for the first year of study
- UH Graduate Scholarships. The Graduate Scholarship is available to students who have graduated from a University of Hertfordshire undergraduate degree (either studied in the UK or at a partner institution overseas) and are starting a new postgraduate taught course at the university.
Recruitment in partnership with Bright World.