Vancouver School Board
Address: Various, see the list of schools below
- Vancouver schools welcome international students! Our schools offer high quality programs, dedicated teachers and excellent facilties.
- Class Sizes: 20-30 students
- School Sizes: 400-2000 students
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 20-30:1
- Academic Year: September-June
- College/University Admission Link: Students who successfully complete the requirements for Grade 12 graduation have the necessary qualifications to apply to post-secondary institutions.
Rankings & Accreditations
Recognition of Vancouver Education: credentials earned in the Vancouver school district are recognized worldwide.
List of Schools
ADULT EDUCATION SITES
Tuition & Fees
- C$200 non-refundable
- payable by credit card, cash, cheque or money order
- C$14,000 per year (secondary and elementary)
- payable by bank draft, certified cheque or telegraphic bank transfer only
- all Vancouver School Board international students must join our group medical insurance plan, according to provincial regulations
- C$950 per year
- includes visits to doctor and hospital care
- does not include dental care
- International students may choose to participate in homestay with a local family while enrolled in a Vancouver public school: students experience Canadian culture, customs, expectations; safe, friendly host family program provided for over 20 years; orientation information session; custodianship available, if requested; support and supervision by homestay co-ordinator; airport pickup possible upon request.
- Host families provide: welcoming, friendly environment; caring host parents; private bedroom; study area with window; three meals a day.
- Homestay Fees: Registration and placement fee: $525; Host family fee: $900 per month; Custodian (if required) fee: $500; Airport pick-up fee: C$75 (payable in advance).
- some textbook deposit fees will apply when the student registers at school; refundable upon return of textbooks in good condition;
- elective courses may have some small materials fees, depending on the course