Address: 66 Cutler Rd, Đông Machias, ME 04.630, USA
- As one of the oldest academies in Maine, Washington Academy has been meeting the educational needs of students in grades 9–12 since the school’s charter was signed by John Hancock in 1792.
- The Academy’s 75-acre campus is located in a safe, rural community in coastal Downeast Maine, just 2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, where the air is clear and the water is clean!
- Washington Academy is set in a town of less than 2,000 and is 3/4 day students, with a 1:14 student/teacher ratio, so it has a real family feel.
- WA has 440 students (50% boy/girl ratio), with 100 of them boarding students from all over the world.
- Total students: 440
- Application / We also accept the Standard Application Online.
- Official school transcript and current-year grades
- Recommendations from Math and English teachers; one from school counselor.
- English proficiency test scores (IELTS, SLATE, TOEFL, JR. TOEFL)
- Copy of your visa or I-20 form, if you are currently studying in the USA
- Financial documents, if applicable
- $50 application fee
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees for the 2016-2017 school year are as follows
- 7-Day Boarding Dorm or Host Home (Tuition/Room & Board): $39,500
- Activity Fee: $3,000
- Tuition Reimbursement Insurance (Optional): $1,000
- Emergency Reserve Fund/Room Deposit: $1,250
- University Prep Program: $2,500
- Individualized Immersion Program: $5,500