Wichita State University
Address: 1845 Fairmount St., Wichita, Kansas 67260, USA
There are over 4,000 colleges and universities in the U.S. and it can be difficult to decide the best place to study. Here are some of the reasons why Wichita State is so popular with international students:
- COST: Wichita enjoys a low cost-of-living – much lower than cities on the coasts. Because we are a public university, the cost of attending Wichita State is often much lower than other universities. We are proud to be one of America’s national universities – offering students an outstanding education at a reasonable cost.
- SAFETY: Wichita is a safe and friendly city and Wichita State is one of the safest universities of its size in the U.S. The campus has its own police department and a city police station is located next to campus.
- FACILITIES: Wichita State University offers a wide variety of programs – including more than 225 majors and specializations. The University has impressive facilities including a large library with over 1 million items. Our engineering and science laboratories are modern and well-equipped. The campus has a Wi-Fi network for fast and easy access to the internet. Our beautiful, park-like campus has 65 buildings and is 2 square kilometers in size. The University operates its own TV and radio stations and has a large sports complex, basketball arena, baseball and softball stadiums, track stadium, a bowling alley, an 18-hole golf course, and a large tennis complex.
- COOPERATIVE EDUCATION: Wichita State has one of the largest Cooperative Education programs in the Midwest. Cooperative Education allows students to receive paid internships to get valuable work experience before going home.
- THE CITY: Wichita has a metropolitan population of 600,000 people and is the largest city in Kansas. Wichita has won the prestigious All-American City Award three times and has a strong telecommunications infrastructure – placing Wichita on par with any major city in the world and far above many other cities of similar size. According to Forbes Magazine, Wichita is the least expensive city in the U.S. to live well – ranking much higher than New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
- FAST ADMISSION PROCESS: We process most applications in about one week. It is our goal to provide you with as much information as possible when you apply. We will send you an e-mail message after your application arrives and has been entered into our computer system. We will then send you another message after we have reviewed your application.
- FAST AND EASY-TO-USE WEBSITE: We are proud to have one of the most comprehensive websites for international students in the U.S. Please check out: www.wichita.edu/international to get the latest information about Wichita State. Our website contains valuable information for international students including deadlines, costs, financial aid, TOEFL requirement, majors, and much, much more. Check out our website today to get the latest information!
Rankings & Accreditation
- Wichita State is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC-NCA).
- Wichita State University is preparing to participate in a new model of continued accreditation being implemented by HLC-NCA. The model, called Open Pathway, seeks to offer greater value to institutions and greater credibility to the public in its quality assurance.
- The university’s MBA programs are AACSB-accredited.
- Total: 15,000
- International: 1,600
- Vietnamese: 130
- Undergraduate: TOEFL iBT 72 or IELTS 6.0
- Graduate: TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5
- ESL: Yes
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & Fees: $15,300
- Living Expenses: $15,424
- Others (Health Insurance, Textbooks): $2,864
- Total Cost (on I-20): $33,588
- Fees stated above are for undergraduate programs.
Scholarships & Financial Aid