St. Andrew’s College
Address: 15800 Yonge St. Aurora, Ontario, L4G 3H7 Canada
Thông tin chi tiết
“Dedicated to developing the complete man, the well-rounded citizen.”
Over 100 years of experience teaching boys has shown us that our students benefit when teachers prioritize organization, support active engagement with the topic at hand, and empower boys to work toward authenticity. Teachers at St. Andrew's design their courses to reflect both the Ministry of Education's curriculum and our beliefs that all students need to work in a collaborative environment where critical thinking is expected and a growth mindset is fostered. Our overarching mission statement suggests that being well-rounded is at the heart of the St. Andrew’s classroom experience, and boys are encouraged to seek breadth in their course selection. Advanced Placement courses are offered for those boys who seek to accelerate their learning in a particular field of study. Most importantly, we know that how a boy feels about his teacher has a direct impact on his capacity to learn; the positive rapport between students and teachers is tangible in the hallways, classrooms, and on the playing fields at SAC.
- AP Capstone Program
- McEwen Business Leadership
- Enriched French
- Engineering & Robotics (STEM)
- CIS eLearning Consortium
- Math, Science & Geography Competitions
- Public Speaking & Debating, Model UN
- Advanced Music
- Law & Politics
- We empower boys to be physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy.
- We develop the capacity to innovate and adapt to our ever-changing world.
- We cultivate critical-thinking skills so decisions are based on a broad range of criteria.
- We inspire engaged, caring, and reflective global citizens.
- We promote integrity, resiliency, and leadership.
- We implement technology wisely to enhance learning.
- We nurture the creative process and celebrate excellence in performance.
- We encourage curiosity in a boy-friendly, collaborative, and supportive environment.
- We champion eloquence and the art of communication.
- Four residences (65 students per residence)
- Single and double rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- 4-5 faculty/staff in each residence for supervision
- All meals are held in the dining hall, but each residence has a new kitchen for preparing personal meals during free time
- All residences have libraries and entertainment areas (TV’s, Video Game systems, Pool Table, Foosball, Table Tennis, etc.)
All students take part in our ‘Arts & Co-curricular Plus’ program, where 40 different activities (in addition to sports) are offered throughout the year (Bagpiping, Pottery, Coding, Cooking Class, Debating, Media Arts, Drumming, Film, Guitar Club, Investment Club, Painting, Medical Sciences, Model UN, etc.).
We offer 72 teams across 24 different sports (Soccer, Volleyball, American Football, Hockey, Squash, Swimming, Basketball, Fencing, Skiing, Golf, Cricket, Tennis, Baseball, Rugby, Curling, etc.). All boys are required to participate in the athletics program. A dedicated strength and conditioning team is available for all students to ensure physical health is a priority.
- Seven grass playing fields
- Baseball diamond
- All-weather synthetic turf field
- Two double gymnasiums
- Six international squash courts
- Two multi-purpose courts
- Fitness Centre and weight-training room
- Outdoor rubber track
- Six-lane, 25-metre indoor swimming pool
- Two outdoor winter skating surfaces
- Rock climbing wall
- High ropes course
- Wooded running trails
- Hockey Arena - La Brier Family Arena
- Athletic Therapy Clinic
- 100% of our graduates gain acceptance to reputable universities around the world
- 4.5 acceptances per graduate
- Over $2 million in university scholarships annually
- 70% attend Canadian Universities (University of Toronto, McGill University, Western University, Queens University, etc.)
- 20% attend US Universities (Stanford University, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Cornell University, Boston University, Johns Hopkins University, Harvard University, etc.)
- 10% attend International Universities (University of St. Andrew’s, The University of Edinburgh, University of Sydney, Imperial College London, etc.)
$70,095 CAD (plus mandatory fees)
Video 1: Boys Into Men - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqXzoV-hSic
Video 2: Experience St. Andrew’s College - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCAqhBR_kzE
Scholarships / Financial Aid
- Availability: Yes
- Bursaries up to $15,000 for talented students who qualify.