INTERLINK Language Centers
Address: Various, at Indiana State University (Terre Haute, Indiana), Valparaiso University (Valparaiso, Indiana), St. Ambrose University (Davenport, Iowa), The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (Greensboro, North Carolina)
Thông tin chi tiết
The INTERLINK program is designed for students with a basic knowledge of English* but who have not yet attained the proficiency required for college admission or vocational competence. There is no minimum or maximum age requirement (most of our students are in their late teens and 20’s) although students must be high school graduates with a C+ or better GPA. Language and cultural heterogeneity are deemed important for program quality and prospective students may be advised to attend a particular center or delay enrollment for greater student diversity. Maximum enrollment capabilities currently range from 70-120 at our centers; students can receive specific enrollment data from any center. Regardless of program size, class size is limited (12 for R/W classes and 15 for C/S classes). Applicants are required to disclose in writing any criminal charges against them (such charges may disqualify them from admission if so dictated by federal, state or campus regulations).
Student Application Process
To apply, you need all of the following:
- A completed application form – submit online or by fax or post
- An official copy of your high school or university grades – submit by fax or post
- An official financial support statement from your bank, sponsor or guardian, certifying that you have at least US $6,000 available for your first term at INTERLINK – submit by fax or post
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee – see payment options below
If you plan to stay in a university residence hall, you will need to submit a room security deposit by check, wire or credit card. The deposit amount for each school is as follows:
- Indiana State University: $150 (housing deposit), $20 (housing application, non-refundable)
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro: $100
- Valparaiso University: no deposit required
Dates & Fees
All US programs are identical in curriculum and instructional philosophy as well as in the number of instructional hours (20 in-class hours/week), special project (3 hours/week), session length (9 weeks) and tuition cost ($3,000/session). The start and finish dates differ between centers and there are differences in fees and residence costs.