Address: 81 Academy Hill, Newcastle, ME 04553, USA
- LA was founded in 1801 and is the fourth oldest secondary school in Maine.
- LA is located in a safe, coastal town but is only one hour from Portland, Maine and three hours from Boston.
- LA has 520 students from 18 towns as well as China, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Spain, and Rwanda.
- LA’s student to teacher ratio is 17 to 1, and the average class size is 18.
- LA has 45 faculty; 58% with graduate degrees.
- LA offers sixteen AP classes as well as pre-AP and honors courses.
- LA’s graduation rates in 2012 were: 88.33% for four-year and 92% for five-year.
- LA has over 40 clubs, activities, and sports.
- LA has new science laboratories and updated classroom facilities. There is also a beautiful new dining commons as well as a black box theater. A new residence hall opened in the fall of 2013.
Rankings & Accreditation
- LA is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the Maine Association of Independent Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England, the College Board, the Secondary School Admission Test Board, and the Maine Principals’ Association.
- Total: 62
Lincoln Academy encourages applications from serious academic students who are open to new challenges and experiences. Admission to LA is based upon the following:
- A completed application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Recommendation forms from your English teacher; math teacher; and your principal, head of school, or counselor.
- A small photo album (at least five photos) or art portfolio showing your activities, family, or other things of importance to you.
- Copies of your school transcripts from the past three years.
- One of the following: SSAT (School Code: 4641), ISEE, IELTS, iTEP SLATE, or TOEFL (School Code: 3634) scores from your current school.
- A copy of the front inside page of your passport.
- A copy of your visa or I-20 Form, if you are currently studying in the U.S.
- A certificate of deposit from your family’s bank.
- A Skype interview.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & Fees: $38,500
- Living Expenses: NA
- Total Cost (on I-20): $38,500
Scholarships & Financial Aid