Murray State University
Address: 102 Curris Center, Murray, KY 42071, USA
About the faculty:
- 48% of full-time instructional faculty are tenured.
- Minority faculty comprise 8% of the full-time instructional faculty.
- 41% of the full-time faculty are female.
- 82% of the full-time faculty had terminal degrees.
About the students:
- 82% of the student body is Undergraduate.
- 11% of the student body are minority students.
- 5% of the student body are international students
- 60% of the student body are female.
- 71% of the student body attend MSU full-time.
- 29% of the student body are from out of state.
Enrollment: Over 10,600 students from 45 states, 48 foreign countries and 96 Kentucky counties.
Extended Campuses: Paducah, Hendersonville, Hopkinsville, Madisonville, and Ft. Campbell.
Offerings: 2 Certificate; 6 Associate; 67 Baccalaureate; 43 Master and Specialist Programs and 1 Doctoral Program.
Degrees: The College of Business conferred the most degrees.
Residential College System (nine total): The first public university with a successful, comprehensive residential college program. Each residential hall is flying its own colors. a small, faculty-led community of students where there is incredible opportunity for personal growth and educational development.
Rankings & Accreditation
- U.S. News Best College for 23 consecutive years. The 2015 rankings place Murray State 9th among the top public, regional universities in the South. Murray State ranked 6th in best school for veterans, among regional universities in the South.
- Forbes Top College for seven consecutive years. In addition to being named to the 2014 America’s Top Colleges list.
- Washington Monthly Best Bang for the Buck in the 2014 College Guide. Murray State ranked 17th in the “Best Bang for the Buck” Category among all schools and 9th in the “Best Bang for the Buck-Master’s Universities” Category.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education named Murray State one of its “2014 Great Colleges to Work For.”
Murray State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees.
- Total: 10,600
- International: 530
- Undergraduate: TOEFL iBT 71 or IELTS 6.0
- Graduate: TOEFL iBT 71 or IELTS 6.0
- ESL: Yes
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition & Fees: $15,112
- Living Expenses: $7,912
- Others (Books & Supplies, Personal Expenses): $3,000
- Total Cost (on I-20): $26,024
- Fees stated above are for undergraduate programs.
Scholarships & Financial Aid