University of Central Florida
Address: Orlando, Florida
Why choose UCF?
- Top 100 in Public Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management owned by UCF was voted as the fourth-best university in the world majoring Hospitality Management (CEOMagazine, 2020)
- #3 in Potential Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2018)
- #82 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
Leading university in research and creativity:
- $149m was raised for research purposes in 2017
- UCF’s researchers were externally sponsored nearly $1 billion throughout last decade
- #16 in Innovative Schools
- The National Academy of Investors ranked UCF #25 in Best Public Research Universities (tied with MIT, Stanford and John Hopkins), based on number of licenses of invention in 2016
- Central Florida Research Park – the seventh-biggest research park in the US, managed by UCF and Orange County authorities, has over 120 companies and 10,000 workers.
- Bill Gates, a philanthropist and Microsoft founder, names UCF as the innovator in online teaching procedure and the role model for any other US universities.
Outstanding education outcomes:
- The number of graduates in Undergraduate Engineering in UCF employed in aerospace and national defense is larger than any other US universities (2017 Aviation Week Magazine Workforce Study)
- National Security Agency confirmed that UCF is the excellent national centre on education quality in Internet security education
- Graduates of UCF are employed by Lockheed Martin, Harris Corporation, and Siemens more than any other universities in the US.
- UCF has been operating one of the most reputative Co-op program in the US, which has made partnership with Deloitte, Lockheed Martin, Siemens, Boeing and Disney. 80% of Engineering students have empirical working experience by the time they graduate.
- UCF holds two fairgrounds yearly uniquely for Hospitality students. They will get a chance to get access to over 800 cooperated employers of UCF.
Information about Orlando City:
- Orlando is called “magnificent city”, and was voted as the most sexy place for travelling in the world with an average annual of 68 millions of travellers (Travel and Leisure).
- Orlando is also known as “The world’s capital city of theme parks”, where Walt Disney - the biggest theme park in the world, Seaworld and other 100 theme parks, are located.
- Orlando is the city which has the highest increasing rate of jobs in 2016, according to US Department of Labor.
- Orlando is also recognized as “Silicon Valley” of Florida, having the highest increasing rate of STEM jobs in the US (Forbes, 2018).
- Orlando is the centre of digital communication, aerospace and high technology. Over 150 international enterprises are headquatered in Orlando, including Lockheed Martin, Darden Restaurents, Boeing, Siemens, The Walt Disney Co.
Costs and Scholarships:
- Tuition: $22,500 (estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $13,680/year
- Scholarships: Up to $5,000 in the 1st year