University of Essex
Address: Wivenhoe Park Colchester CO4 3SQ, UK
Why Study Here?
- Top 20 for research excellence – Essex was ranked 19th in the UK in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE, 2014).
- 2nd for student satisfaction – our students voted us top 10 for student satisfaction for three years in a row.
- Outstanding facilities – we have embarked on a £200 million-plus building and investment programme.
- An international experience – we are one of the world’s most internationally diverse universities, with over 130 different nationalities represented.
- Guaranteed accommodation – international students at our Colchester and Southend campuses are usually guaranteed their own room in modern accommodation.
- An ideal location with picturesque campuses – all our campuses are an hour from London and provide excellent transport links.
- An active Students’ Union – our SU offers academic representation, entertainment, volunteering opportunities and commercial services.
- Pathway and language courses – for those who need them, we offer pre-sessional and free in-sessional English classes, as well as pre-Masters and foundation programmes.
- Careers support – our Employability and Careers Centre offers a varied range of events and workshops to support you.
If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma, our entry requirements are published in our Undergraduate Prospectus and course listings.
We recognise the following qualifications from Vietnam:
- Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Chuyen Nghiep (Secondary Vocational School Certificate).
- Cao Dang/Associate Degree.
- Tot Nghiep Dai Hoc/Degree.
We also accept recognised foundation programmes for entry to the University. For advice on whether we would accept the foundation programme you have taken or are taking, and the level that would be required, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions office.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, preferably with at least a lower second class degree or the international equivalent (although some departments may have slightly higher requirements). Some, but not all, courses require for that first degree to be in a related field. Applicants should check with the Department to which they wish to apply.
Applicants should have already completed a first degree with good grades and should also demonstrate both an interest in and understanding of the area in which they propose to carry out research. Some Departments may ask for applicants to have also completed a Masters degree, while others may be able to offer a Doctoral programme in place of this. Applicants should check with the Department to which they wish to apply.
Please note that non-native English speakers are also required to meet the University’s English Language Entry Requirements.
Tuition & Fees
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Scholarships & Financial Aid
We offer many funding opportunities to support students, from University of Essex scholarships such as the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships and Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarships to bursaries, research council funding, awards funded by charities and other external organisations.
Recruitment in partnership with Bright World.