The La Trobe Vietnam Student Ambassador Scholarship offers international students from Vietnam a reduction of 50-100% on tuition fees for the entire duration of their undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at La Trobe University in Australia. This scholarship aims to assist high-achieving Vietnamese students in financing their studies, as well as promote the diverse academic programs offered by La Trobe University to future scholars in Vietnam.
The La Trobe Vietnam Student Ambassador Scholarship provides a 50-100% reduction on annual tuition fees for recipients. The final scholarship percentage will be determined based on the recipient’s academic achievements, language proficiency, extracurricular activities, and assessment of their potential to fulfill the role of Student Ambassador.
Who is it for?
This scholarship is open to future undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students from Vietnam who are commencing their studies at La Trobe University in 2024.
Where is it available?
The scholarship can be used at the following La Trobe University campuses in Victoria, Australia:
How is it paid?
The scholarship value will be applied as a discount on tuition fees for each subject undertaken during the degree. The discount will be applied from the second semester onwards after all conditions are met. Students are responsible for all other costs during their studies.
La Trobe University offers this scholarship to support high-achieving Vietnamese students and also appoint them as Student Ambassadors during their studies. The Ambassadors will help promote La Trobe University’s courses and values to future students in Vietnam.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Vietnam
- Apply for direct entry into an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree
- Be 18 years or older when starting the degree; or have an approved guardian until age 18
- Achieve high academic performance (WAM of 85% for high school or 75% for university students)
- Commence studies in 2024 at a La Trobe campus in Victoria
- Achieve an IELTS score of at least 7.0 overall (no band less than 7.0)
- Meet all conditions stated in the Offer Letter by the deadline
- Be willing to perform Student Ambassador duties during their studies
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
The La Trobe Scholarship Committee will select recipients based on:
- Academic performance
- English language proficiency
- Extracurricular activities and achievements
- Demonstrated potential to be an effective Student Ambassador
The number of scholarships awarded will be decided by the Committee.
Scholarship recipients must:
- Maintain full-time enrolment and satisfactory progress during their degree
- Perform the duties of a La Trobe Student Ambassador
- Obtain approval from La Trobe to transfer to another course after starting
- Abide by all terms and conditions in the Offer Letter
How to apply
To apply, students must:
- Submit an application for an eligible 2024 intake course
- Provide English language test results
- Give details and evidence of extracurricular activities/awards
- Submit a 5-minute video answering: “What are the essential attributes a La Trobe University Student Ambassador should possess to effectively motivate and guide future scholars?”
|Deadline||1st Round||2nd Round|
|Application Submission||2/10/2023 – 24/11/2023||2/10/2023 – 23/4/2024|
|Scholarship Selection||27/11/2023 – 8/12/2023||24/4/2024 – 7/5/2024|
|Announcement of Awardees||11/12/2023||8/5/2024|
Who to contact for further information
For enquiries, please contact VNIS Education for application assistance.
The La Trobe Vietnam Student Ambassador Scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for high-achieving Vietnamese students to fund their studies at La Trobe University in Australia. With a 50-100% reduction on tuition fees, this scholarship makes quality international education more accessible. Recipients also gain valuable experience as Student Ambassadors, allowing them to develop leadership and communication skills. By promoting La Trobe University to future students in Vietnam, Ambassadors play an integral role in fostering educational ties between the two countries.