IELTS is one of the required admission requirements to be able to study in Australia, so the question of what is the IELTS requirements to study in Australia is the top concern of many students. In fact, each level of study will have different IELTS score requirements. In the article below, we will update details about this information.
What Is The IELTS Requirements To Study In Australia?
What Is The IELTS Requirements To Study In Australia? Faced with this question, the most accurate answer will be divided by different programs and levels. Normally, the minimum score should be 5.0, but at higher levels, the requirement will also be increased significantly. Details are as follows:
- Secondary level: At this level, international students do not need to have an IELTS certificate. However, it is certain that, if you have an IELTS certificate in your application, your chances of being selected will be higher.
- Upper secondary level: There are some schools that do not require IELTS, but you will have to take an additional English course before entering the official program. Normally, at this level, schools will require a minimum score of 5.0
- College/pre-university level: Minimum IELTS 5.5
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Minimum IELTS 6.0
- Specialized majors such as Medicine, Education, Law: Mandatory IELTS minimum requirement is 7.0
Normally, schools that require IELTS will require an overall score of all 4 skills. Some schools even require a minimum score for each skill.
With the answer to what is the IELTS requirements to study in Australia above, you can certainly see and assess your current capacity to have the best preparation. If you are feeling that you are not qualified to achieve the desired IELTS score, you can choose one of two options as follows:
- Continue to spend time to review and improve your English skills until you feel you are qualified.
- Register for an English language course at a school in Australia. After you complete these courses, you will be eligible to study in the right programs in the major you have previously registered.
With the above two options, it is certain that studying English in Australia will help you improve your level faster and better adapt to the foreign educational environment. However, in return, the cost will be somewhat more expensive.
Importance of IELTS for studying in Australia
Australia is a country where English is the main language. Therefore, once you decide to choose Australia to study and develop yourself, it is necessary to have a good command of English. Therefore, studying in Australia, international students are required to have an IELTS certificate so that schools and embassies know if your English language level can meet your future study ability or not. This is also the reason that everyone wishing to study in this country must know how much IELTS is required to study in Australia to have an orientation to strive.
If you are not enough to study and take the IELTS exam, this means that the chances of you being able to apply and get into the desired school are very difficult. At this time, it is necessary to take English courses to improve English language ability and get a certificate.
It can be said that the IELTS certificate is a “passport” to help you step closer to highly ranked schools in Australia.